Helpful Links For the Pharmacy Advocate
Take Action Today and Advocate for the "Provider Status Bill" HR!
- Click Here to contact your representative and ask them to co-sponsor H.R. 4190 (read more info below)
- Ask colleagues at your practice site to join you. Every voice counts!
- Get the answers to your Frequently Asked Questions regarding the bill
- Read Scott Giberson's (Acting US Deputy Surgeon General) Provider Status "Elevator Speech" for some great talking points that promote provider status
- Sign the Official White House Petition to recognize pharmacist's as health care providers
Provider Status Legislation Update (3.11.14)
- Legislation H.R. 4190 was introduced by Reps. Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.), G.K. Butterfield (D-N.C.), and Todd Young (R-Ind.) that will amend the Social Security Act to recognize pharmacists as providers under Medicare Part B.
- Click Here to read a blog written by Paul Abramowitz regarding the Patient Access to Pharmacist's Care Coalition (PAPCC)
- Click Here to see a video of Gerald Meyer, president of the ASHP, as he discusses the importance of provider status
Main Campus Meeting (10.15.13)
Guest Speakers, Dr. Divya Varkey and Dr. Kimberly Putney, from St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital in the Texas Medical Center spoke to our UH SSHP members about the Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative (PPMI), where the future of health-systems and clinical pharmacy is headed and how institutions are changing the way pharmacists practice.