Helpful Links For the Pharmacy Advocate
Take Action Today and Advocate for the "Provider Status Bill" HR!
- Click Here to contact your representative and ask them to co-sponsor H.R. 4190 (read more info below)
- Ask colleagues at your practice site to join you. Every voice counts!
- Get the answers to your Frequently Asked Questions regarding the bill
- Read Scott Giberson's (Acting US Deputy Surgeon General) Provider Status "Elevator Speech" for some great talking points that promote provider status
- Sign the Official White House Petition to recognize pharmacist's as health care providers
Provider Status Legislation Update (3.11.14)
- Legislation H.R. 4190 was introduced by Reps. Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.), G.K. Butterfield (D-N.C.), and Todd Young (R-Ind.) that will amend the Social Security Act to recognize pharmacists as providers under Medicare Part B.
- Click Here to read a blog written by Paul Abramowitz regarding the Patient Access to Pharmacist's Care Coalition (PAPCC)
- Click Here to see a video of Gerald Meyer, president of the ASHP, as he discusses the importance of provider status